Exterior of Phillips Hall

PHILLIPS HALL

Phillips Hall is part of the North Neighborhood and was built in 1947. The hall is named for T. Glenn Phillips, MSU class of 1902, who developed the master plan for the growth of the campus in the 1930s and 1940s. Phillips Hall offers living-learning options for the Honors College and Residential College in the Arts and Humanities (RCAH). A theater for performing arts, art studio, music practice rooms, a language and media center and an art gallery are located in Phillips Hall.

Features:

  • Community bathrooms
  • Single and double rooms
  • Barrier-free housing
  • Air conditioning in public areas
  • Rooms include modular furniture – no personal lofts are allowed
  • Part of the second floor is a male Honors College floor
  • Home to the Residential College in the Arts and Humanities, a living-learning community
  • The RCAH Theater for performing arts, RCAH Art Studio, music practice rooms, RCAH Language and Media Center (LMC), and LookOut! Art Gallery are located in the hall
  • Home to the dining hall, The Gallery
  • Sparty’s located on the first floor

Contact Information:
Snyder Service Center: 517-355-9500
Phillips Service Center: 517-355-4988
Community Director: Josh Durbin, 517-355-9499, durbinjo@msu.edu
Facilities Manager: Tom Welburn, 517-355-8515, welburn@msu.edu

Phillips student groups wishing to reserve meeting space, e-mail MASPBookings@rhs.msu.edu

Other groups wishing to reserve meeting space, e-mail OHBookings@rhs.msu.edu