College is a time to grow, discover yourself and the world around you, and develop long-lasting relationships. With MSU Neighborhoods, students have an opportunity to realize their full potential through a wide range of programs, activities, and support services.
The Engagement Centers are unique spaces located in each neighborhood and serve as the main access points to important resources such as tutors, academic advisors, health practitioners, and other consultants that can help you navigate through your college career. Go there to:
Get questions answered
- Sign up for recreation and fitness programs
- Make an appointment with the health clinic
- Find assistance with math coursework, writing papers, and other academic subjects
- Get advice
- Learn about upcoming events in and around your neighborhood
- Socialize with friends
- Resources provided in the neighborhoods are organized into four key developmental areas: academic, health and wellness, intercultural, and residential.
Each week, the Engagement Center hosts individual and group tutoring for many first and second year courses, social and cultural activities, as well as fitness classes for Yoga, Cardio Kick Boxing, and Zumba. In addition, there are workshops on practical topics such as using the library, sharpening study skills, searching for internships, managing personal finances and more. You will even find technical assistance for troubleshooting problems with a personal computer.
The Engagement Center brings together all of the important resources and services you need to succeed during your time at MSU.
- Brody Neighborhood
- North Neighborhood
- East Neighborhood
- River Trail Neighborhood
- South Neighborhood
- Campus Life
- International Students
- Parents and Families
- Social Responsibility