Gilchrist Hall

Gilchrist Hall is part of the North Neighborhood. Built in 1948, the hall is named for Maude Gilchrist, who was a graduate of Michigan Agricultural College (former name of MSU) and was the dean of the Women’s Department. Under her leadership, music, art and literature were equally important to domestic science. In Gilchrist Hall, both music and Honors College living-learning options are offered.

Hall Features:

  • Community-style bathrooms
  • Single and double rooms
  • Quiet floors available
  • Lofted beds
  • Honors College floor

Contact Information:
Gilchrist Service Center: 517-353-8511
Community Director: Tamika Smith, 517-355-8714, smitht80@msu.edu 
Facilities Manager: Tom Welburn, 517-355-8515, welburn@msu.edu

Gilchrist student groups wishing to reserve meeting space, e-mail WCBookings@rhs.msu.edu

Other groups wishing to reserve meeting space, e-mail OHBookings@rhs.msu.edu